Our municipal law practice encompasses all aspects of the legal framework governing cities, municipalities and municipal organizations in Québec.
We represent several cities and municipalities as well as companies and individuals who maintain business relations with municipalities or who are involved in legal disputes with them.
The members of our municipal group posess excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of municipal law. They will assist you effectively and they recommendations will be atuned to your practical, everyday experience.
One does not become a municipal law expert overnight – only lawyers with many years of experience with cases involving municipalities will be able to provide legal advice of a quality level comparable to ours.
Our experience includes the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge of all municipal laws and ethics rules
- Daily legal assistance by telephone to our client municipalities
- Practical experience with regulatory and municipal procedures
- Legal assistance to the reginal county municipalities of Québec
- Management of tender calls and of their conformity
- Public-private partnership agreements
- Land and urban planning
- Inter-municipal agreements and legal assistance to the authorities
- Management of information access projects
- Municipal extracontractual liability
- Environment and management of sanitary landfills
- Expropriation and evaluation
- Building and real estate law
- Agricultural land protection
- Preparation and presentation of private bills
- Preparation and presentation of bills to parliamentary commissions
- Strategic counselling to municipal management